Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Reinstating My Belief

Surviving eight months of Delhi has helped me test numerous shades of my character; some known, some brought to the fore by the erosions of time. Facets, which I had tried hard to supress; habits which didn't die, but resurfaced with a greater intensity. From being a bubbly and inquisitive student, to being a silent spectator in class, Delhi has brought out the extremities in me. Fortunately though, some habits die hard. Clinging on to my values, and trusting my instincts has helped me a lot to cruise (erm..not really) through this journey. But more than anything else, the support of a handful of friends has made all the torture bearable. Warmth. Understanding. Support. Love. Affection. Concern. Protectiveness. These were all attributes I thought would be tough to find. It is indeed surprising that I have come across some people, even though only a few of them, who have demonstrated all these qualities, and have made my stay in Delhi worth while. Anger is a quality of mine, which is harmful for my health as well for those around me! Calming me down and pacifying me, helping me gulp bitter things down, with a pinch of sugar is a tremendous feat that these people have achieved. They have protected me, recreating the same cocoon that my parents had sheltered me inside. Thanking them a thousand times wouldn't probably suffice. Someone once said, "Dilli kuch nahi deti hain..par leti zaroor hain: humaari maasoomiyat" True. But some people are blessed to be gifted with such amazing friends, that too, by a city as hostile as Delhi! Thank you, thank you so much people, for keeping my belief in friendship intact! :)

2 comments:

  1. well, taking a moment to thank them people, like remembering all those little things that life gives us and we sometimes barely notice... Really good... hope ur friends are there for u, all ur life... :) good luck.. God speeed.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To hope that they're always there is optimism, to think that they'll not be there is pessimism..I want to have a midset thats balanced..but sadly, i do not have a choice, as i long for all that i have lost..too late maybe!

    ReplyDelete